Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Month

It would seem that my plan of blogging at least once a week didn't work out too well thus far. In an effort to keep some currency to my blog I thought it was time to make another post, so away we go. Since I have not posted all of the Christmas goodies I made last year for family I'm going to start there. First up we have a quilt that I made for Mike's god son Lyle, which if I do say so myself is super cute but, I will let you all decide for yourselves.

The front of the quilt above is a little race track for his hot wheels, did you know that the hot wheels cars change color now when you get them wet, I love how toys are evolving.

This is the back, it is really soft felt and a fluffy fleece, it was too cute to pass up. For an added bonus I am going to throw in a photo of Lyle with his quilt. You all should feel quit special today, just going to warn you ahead of time he's a charmer.


Next up is my parents modeling the lovely pajama pants I made for them, I kind of wish I made a pair for myself after I saw how nice and soft and comfy they were, maybe next year.

My mom's pants are little reindeer and Christmas lights and my dads are the cars from the movie Cars in the snow. I thought they were cute and cheerful and I love how jolly the Santa is on my dad's shirt super cute. Overall I think they turned out okay, however I did realize how much I hate hemming pants what a pain in the rear. I am more of a whatever happens, happens kind of sewer but since I was making these for gifts I tried to be a little more precise, let me tell you I would much rather make an entire bag then hem a pair of pants. That's is all I have for this installment of craftiness, hopefully I will make more time to start having regular posts we'll see. Next post will be something new and exciting, which really just means I haven't decided yet so it will be a surprise for me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment