Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Nursery phase one

Today I started painting the Dr. Seuss mural in the nursery and I have to say I was a little scared at first that it wouldn't come out the way I envisioned it. I am pleasantly surprised thus far, I have Horton traced and painted gray and thing 1 and thing 2 traced and painted. Here is how it looks so far hope you all like it as much as I do.


That is the end result after my hard day of work. Here are some photos of how it all started this morning.
The top photo is the outline of thing 1 and thing 2 and the bottom is Horton not quit all the way painted.

Thing 1 and thing 2 with just their awesome blue hair painted. Finally getting somewhere.

Horton all painted gray, yippie. Now he just needs facial features and and outline, that will come later.
Thing 1 and Thing 2 with the rest of their bodies painted in. I will added their faces and lettering on their stomach next. Can't wait to see the finished product. I still need to draw the lorax trees and the balloon from oh the places you'll go and paint those. Lots of work to be done but progress if being made. I will keep you all posted on the progress. I leave you with one more photo of the progress thus far.

Oh yeah and I still need to paint the rest of the grass on the bottom of the wall but that's easy work :). The other 3 walls of the nursery are going to be light and darker green stripes. Hope you have a great Wednesday and I will be sure to post phase two when it's complete.



No comments:

Post a Comment