Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm Back

Sorry for the length of time between posts, I am going to try and post more regularly. I am going to jump backing to a sewing project for this post. The halter top pattern and fabric are both by Amy Butler of course I'm sure you're starting to see that most of the fabrics and patterns I use are made by Amy Butler. I am starting to branch out to other designers slowly but surely.




The fabric is from the midwest modern collection and the pattern is the cabo halter . One word of advice when using patterns for clothing, trace the pattern in the size you want don't cut the actual pattern. That way if you change sizes you can still use the same pattern, something I learned the hard way and thought I would pass it on. I now have two cabo halter patterns. This was also my first time working with zippers, this particular top uses an invisible zipper which is a little tricky to work with at first. Once you get the hang of it, its super easy.

Now that I have the creative part of this post taken care of on to other stuff. I took a quilt class over the past weekend and it was loads of fun. Once I get the border and the rest of the quilt finished I'll be sure and post it. I hope to get it finished in the next two weeks. My in-laws are back in the US for a couple of more weeks, we are getting together this weekend for some family fun it should be a great time. Pattie and I have a fun day of girl stuff planned on Saturday while the guys play disc golf, hang the canoe in the garage, and pick up crabs from the fish market for dinner. We are having a crab boil for dinner, yummy. Another thing I am really excited about is spark its a creative retreat in Utah that mom and I are going to. I can't wait only a couple of weeks until we are sparking it up together. Well that's all I really have for this post. Hope everyone has a great weekend, I'm sure I will. I'm going to try and make my next post early next week, until then try something creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment