Monday, August 2, 2010

Happy Anniversary to me

Today Mike and I have been married for 2 years, time has been flying by. It does not feel like 2 years at all. And the best part about today is that we took the day off work and are loving it. Mike's parents are back from Nigeria for the month so we are going to have lunch with them today and celebrate his mom's birthday :). Today's creative post is something I made at a retreat last summer and finally framed it, now I just need to hang it on the wall, baby steps.

Sorry for the glare, I had to use my flash because I took the photo at night. This is made using the house of three welcome banner letters I love it. It was actually quite easy to make, its on chipboard which is similar to strong cardboard, then covered with vanilla cardstock, the letters from the welcome banner are also printed on cardstock, there are a few things printed on transparency paper, and then the rest is just odds and ends to make it all come together. The frame is a 10" x 20" from hobby lobby, there is no glass on it since the front of the welcome sign is a little bulky. I can't wait to hang it in our entry way. Hope you all have a happy Monday and are inspired to maybe make a welcome sign of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment