Monday, August 23, 2010

the master artists

Hope everyone had a great weekend, it was of course way too hot and humid here in Houston but I'm sure you already knew that. I am going back in time to Mike's birthday for today's creative tale. This year I decided it would be fun to test our skills as painters, and luckily there is a place downtown called Pinot's palette that let's you do just that. The idea behind it is you bring wine and snacks and learn how to paint a famous painting. The class that was offered on May 1st was the colorful muse, this is the painting by our teacher, which is similar to how ours turned out but not exactly the same.



Now for the fun stuff, here we are in the beginning mainly outlining the face and hair of the muse


you can already see the difference between mike's and mine. Mike's is the one with the hand in the photo. Now we have a little more of the painting complete and its time for some more wine and a break.



Unfortunately this is the last photo I have until the finished product so you'll just have to use your imaginations on how the rest of the painting process went. Without further adieu here are the finished products.

Not too shabby if I do say so myself, you know you'd buy them :). Yes my eyes are closed in the photo do you expect anything less from me, you'd think I spent most of my life with my eyes closed judging by my photos. If you're curious how the rest of the class turned out, because I know that's what you were thinking here you go. The other thing that might be on your mind is man those are some dirty aprons, we did not add all that paint to them ourselves the majority was already on them when they were given to us. We weren't quite that messy.



Here's the link to all the photos taken by the teachers http://picasaweb.google.com/pinotspalette.montrose/ColorfulMuse05#

For the finale of this post we hung our masterpieces side by side on our bedroom wall, so here they are adorning our home.


Hopefully you enjoyed following me on my journey to become a master painter, it was a lot of fun but I think I will stick with sewing and scrapbooking for now. Until the next creative tale, let your creativity take over and see where you end up, maybe you'll also be painting a masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment